Wednesday, July 12, 2006

1 art class, 2 swim practices, 2 wrecks, 3 resumes and interview number 4 and counting

Why is it that Tuesdays have started to be the day that things start to go wrong... OK so the layoff happened on a Tuesday, and so did the endless day of the leak in the house. But how did I have 2 wrecks yesterday, please note I have not had one since I was 16 and I had 2 with in an 8 hour window yesterday. Not to worry I am fine - the bumper on my car might be another story - it is attached to the car but there is some green paint from one car and some damage from the rear end hit I took too.... OK so here is what happened....Got up early for swim practice all is well, come home get a package for my mom ready to send out (the humming bird that I finished as the studio closed) Headed out to the school again to talk to their communications director - their latest offer is part time art- part time graphics and the salary is up to something that I can live off of...I am still sending out resumes and such...so I leave the school and I want a coke and I need to stop at the bank so I stopped to deposit a check, get a coke and head home - no it did not go that smoothly- as I was backing out of the bank on a hill I hit a woman in a 94 Toyota (just very happy it was not a 04) I t ed her right at the tire and the base of the door. She was nice about it - exchanged info - and called my dad (he is my insurance agent)...stopped and got some lunch , dropped off 2 resumes at local schools and then home to get my things for art class...made it to class on time and in one piece...the kids wanted to do the same thing as last time so I let them and the ones who wanted to bead, we started something new....I could feel a killer head ache coming on....I made it through class, stopped at 7-11 for an treat, then off to the post office to mail the humming bird to my mom in memory of Mimi who died 7 years ago this week and the letter of interest about another job. Where I ran into one of my swimmers and her mom - gave them a ride up to the pool...practice round 2, HOT HOT HOT my head is pounding - hot I am in pants - I finally make it to the dressing room and then dive into the water... cooler now but still hot... after that is over Dina and I go to starbucks to get coffee and work on the relay carnival line up... I have to go to AC Moore to get art stuff for class before the sale ends- so off king street I go...I make it there get what I went for- head back towards my house in hopes of going to the library to finish up the line up to send it to Trina- NO GO...

I stop by 5 guys and get some fries - I eat some of them there in the parking lot and head out....make it to the top of the hill right before the 395 split and I am waiting for the red light to change and BAM... I get hit from behind- I had ketchup in my hand which is now all over my dash, in my hair, up my nose, all down my shorts and my t-shirt, in the speakers, on the seat and the carpet- more of less everywhere - Didn’t I think that little bit of ketchup could spread like that- Note there is another wreck across the street and this is what the ASS who hit me was looking at and not on his side of the road- so it is 8:10 this is my second hit of the day and I am having a pounding head - it is HOT out and I get to deal with this - NOT HAPPY.... I get out of the car as the EMTs show for the other wreck and they come running over to me asking were the blood was coming from - ok you can laugh, I was later - its ketchup from what should have been my fries...I had it all over my face, chin and neck- the cop later asked if I needed something to wipe it off with and then tells me that what ever I had in the car did smell good...as part of the report he asked where I worked now I can tell you right now I can type out chinquapin but I cannot spell it without righting it down - the cop was like I am not going to spell that one- then asked about swim lessons for his 5 year old....we wait for the police to do a report since they are already there.... I am cleared to leave at about 8:40 - come home to take a shower, to call my dad again- and when I get to the ketchup part he is laughing so hard-Some days you have to laugh at things like this that seem so unreal cause if not you are going to bawl your eyes out- it’s like the day when Courtney was a senior in high school and her car got hit 2 in one day when no one was in the car - the 2nd time that day it was by a cop- this is not the first time a R had been hit with in 24 hours. Called and made a report about the wreck - finished up the line up for the meet this weekend and made it to bed before midnight - I think I was asleep before I even got into bed (I kind of like it when I fall to sleep that fast) ...another bad Tuesday over with and I did not have glass class to tell all of the adventures too - and if I had been at class I would not have been in wreck #2... oh well that’s my life- and another great story to add to the list. So now it is Wednesday and it is one of those HOT HUMID and Hazy July days when you walk outside and it takes your breath away and you will need 3 showers before the day is over. We have a swim meet tonight so that will be just to much fun in the heat...but we had 4 new swimmers join this week - we got the 8 & u girl who we needed for a relay since our other one up and moved to NYC after the 4th - and turns out she knows my college roommate Emily ( Small world)... And for all of you who know about the gold dress I would like to report that shoes have been found to top it off...the deal was I wanted some for less than I paid for the dress - I now have GOLD flip flops type shoes with about 1/2 inch heal and they are TACKY to top off the dress lets just hope I can walk in them and not fall over.

3 Comments:

Blogger Auntie M said...

Oh God! That is a completely awful day! I'm glad no one got hurt and that it's all over now. :)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Blue Dog Art said...

LOVED the ketchup part. Thanks again for last night. Sorry the boys were blisters. We had a chat about that this morning. :-)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Hey!
Just wanted you to know I took my first art glass class last night! I created a magnet and a pendant with fused glass. I pick them up next week after they've been fired. Now I know how cool it is to work with glass. You got me hooked, baby!

Hope you're doing well!
t.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home