Monday, May 22, 2006

3 flats, 2 job interviews and they found my USB

Have you ever had a weekend that you were waiting and wishing for Monday morning to arrive. Lets just say that I am glad that the weekend is over... Saturday morning after teaching swim lessons I head out in the dulles are to go meet J&A for lunch...I meet them at Nordstrom Rack, headed to Red Robin for lunch. Where the food was good but the service was poor and in the end the manager offered us free lunch - which would come back to bite us in the ass over and over- as we headed out of the parking lot J said the car was pulling, got out to check the tire, which was low...So off we went to find air...You know that the first one that you go to they will not have a working pump...So by the second gas station we found a working pump, fill up the tire - no there is a crack, tried a patch repair kit- no luck, tried fix a flat-no luck, tried electrical tape- no luck, tried duct tape- no luck, tried the spare -no luck-- why cause there is a lock key on the tires so that you have to have a special lug to try and get the tire off and the one that J had did not fit...So after 2 hours we head out to walk to my car about 1.5 mile away. At least my car was close, we get to it and decide that we need some retail therapy... So it is time to shop... So after shopping we head to the house were the neighbors are blasting their music at 11:30 at night... Police are called, they come to tell them to turn it down and the neighbors talk back to the cop. They turn it down, the cops leave, they turn it back up, by 3 am they are called again.

With one flat that needs a lock key to change it and the dealership service areas are closed on Sunday we head out to put a new note on the car that we will be back when then dealership opens on Monday. I had called Gap to say that I would be in later but I had to deal with a flat tire. We walk out and at the bottom of the stairs the left side of my car was on the ground, some one had come and stabbed my tires... I was not going to work... We called cops again, they came and took a report and the madness started. Called Mel to come and help and with her Costco card she was a big help. We jacked up the car took of the first tire, all is well...jack up the back take off the back tire - but the break was on- had to release the break and when we did it rolled and the car fell off the jack.. s%%^&(*^&... jacked it back up got the back one off (note that if you ever do 2 on one side, put the spare tire on the first one and then change the next one) and it rolled again...f%*^%...J was like I will take care of it, you go get the new tires and come back...So Mel and I head off to costco get 2 tires, tp, paper towels, a new tool kit, gum and batteries head back to the house with the fixed tires. By the time we get back to the house J has found someone who has a professional jack and he is helping with the car...Toni was great - he helped level out the car, get the tires on, and sent us on our way to get the tires balanced and set on the car...So back to Costco I go with the card in hand to get 2 more...Cause you know the assholes who did this had to get the good tires on the same side so that I could not really us the other one... plus they had over 60,000 miles on them - so I am all balanced in the tires and not so balanced in the wallet, cause I bought 2 and J got the other 2 cause the assholes saw her get out of my car and thought I was the one who lived here.

A week later I am going to finish this posting---

The cars have been better. Swim team starts tonight. Interviews went well last week - One I turned down, the school would have been a nice place however I think it would be a high stress environment and sent them a note that at this time it was not the location for me. the second interview was far better however it will start out as part time - but everytime I talk to the principle she wants to add more hours and is willing to work around coaching/ or swim lessons. So I will wait and see what they can offer me -- I have another interview tomorrow and another one next week (that was moved from tomorrow).

Hope that everyone had a great long weekend - believe it or not I was not the first person in the outdoor pool in fact I have not been to the pool yet - I think with coaching I will get my fill in for sure this summer. And yes I will stay safe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Auntie M said...

I can't believe they slashed your tires! Grrr....sending bad voodoo vibes to evil tire slashers....I have some dog poo to fling at their front door. Just give me an address....they'll never see it coming. Or the membership to Bedwetters Anon. Or the sudden influx of junk mail. Or the...well...I'll keep that one to myself.

9:30 AM  
Blogger tiny robot said...

wow, and I thought I had a bad weekend. you win.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home