Monday, May 01, 2006

The floors arrived, so has spring


So the floors arrived and they look great...I love that I have carpet again and no longer have to put on shoes to walk down the hall. But with the new floors a lot of packing and unpacking came with it. I still have a few things in boxes that I need to finish putting back where they belong or get rid of them...I had to repaint the shelf that some of the things call home so now I have that complete I have to finish with the boxes and return them to their owners. I still have Monas wet dry vac sitting at my front door to take to her, I had it in the car many times heading over that way and then I forget it is in the back seat and I never make it to her house...I have all of the green boxes from Nikki at the front door too, but I plan on seeing her Thursday night and giving those to her then... So here we are close to 5 months after the Flood and life might make it back to normal at somepoint...

We have a missed visitor in DC for the week...choo choo is here working and playing for the week, if only choo choo and T would move back to DC...but that is a no go they are moving to TX. Good luck out there girls. We would love to have you come back for the next move... or just come back to visit again so we can eat to much, laugh till we cry, and see the baby panda try not to fall out of the tree.

I started this post a week ago so it is time to finish it up before I get on a jet plane tomorrow and go to my favorite place in the world, pawleys island, SC for time with the sisters and my parents... but before I can even leave I had to find substitute teachers for all of my classes...I think that I have them all covered all I have to do now is send the lesson plan to the art teacher and then I am set for the week.

I want to say congratulations to Marissa and Chris for getting married this weekend - and glad it was then and your guests checked out yesterday cause there was a shooting next to the hotel today and they had something go down in the hotel where everyone was staying. Wishing you both the best in your life together. I love the turtle blanket... I even had an offer from one of the brides maid to take pictures of my glass for me. I think that I might just have to take her up on the offer...I need to get some formal pictures of my work.

one of the latest in the stained glass works... Happy birthday J, you requested it and you got it.

The candle sticks are one of a kind and still need some work but they are fun and happy...next will be the mirror...and then I need to finish up on the last of the projects before the studio closes down for the summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the stained glass window and the dancing candle sticks Hadley, they are the best ever. I can't even begin to tell you how much they mean to me for you to have done that for my birthday. Just having you in my life is the best gift I could ever ask for in itself. These are just added bonuses that make life all the better. I will enjoy them for a lifetime and thank you from the bottom of my heart. Love ya.

The floors look great and I know you are loving the new carpet too. There's still unpacking to do but you will make it through. Thank goodness spring is here. Look forward to spending more time with you and enjoying life the way it should be enjoyed.

Love,

Caribou

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home