Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I have a ceiling and a LOT of Dust.

Well after 3 days filled with Rob, the plaster guy, I once again have a ceiling in my bedroom, bathroom, laundry room/closet, hallway, kitchen and the dinning room. It is never a good thing when the plaster guy tells you that it was one of his hardest jobs, and it took longer than he ever thought and one of the worst looking ones he has seen in the past 4 years. That much damage was done with the water from 3 weeks ago. Now I just get to wait for the painter to come and finish it up and for me to move back into my room and wait for the carpet and the hardwood floors to be refinished and fixed downstairs and installed on the 2nd floor – all while searching for a new roommate. I am hoping that my current roommate will be going someplace for spring break and we can have the hardwood floors redone then…I guess that means I get to move the den and dinning room into the kitchen while that job is done – and my bedroom into the hallway for the carpet- FUN FUN- I am thinking moving might be easier…other than the fact that I will get to play tetris with furniture… With the kitchen getting wrapped up yesterday – I spent about 3 hours in there washing everything in the room – plaster dust goes everywhere – it does not matter if things are covered or not – and I know that with the sanding that will take place tomorrow that there will be even more to clean. Really I am not sure the last time my kitchen was that clean – I even mopped yesterday – like there was even a choice not to- well I guess there would have been if I thought that my roommates would have risen to the challenge but I did not see that happening yesterday – and with the jobs coming together I am not going to have the extra flexibility in the coming weeks –

Yes the jobs are coming together…I got an email about the swim lessons yesterday, I have been offered the Adult swim classes on Monday and Wednesday nights… And from this I hope that I will get some private lessons too. While the next 3 weekends will be filled with WSI training and time off from gap (not that I was getting after holiday hours in the first place) – you sometimes have to spend money to make money- I keep saying…about 12 private lessons will cover the cost of the class or 4 weeks of the adult class. The security of these classes will give me a starting point. I am in training to be a substitute teacher all day Wednesday – so for me to even get to this point I had to take a trip to the VA health department for a TB test, what an experience…I thought that I was never going to get out of that place, the woman that they had typing/working at the front desk was beyond slow and wondered why so many people where there on a Tuesday – well HELLO the TB shot is only offered once a week, I am not sure she had ever had a computer class and for sure did not know the short cuts to the program (picking up the mouse every time to move to a new form field and not just hitting the tab key) and it took her forever to type a name in – plus she did not know how to multi task at ALL or organize – It could have been so simple -the ones that had to pay enter their info first and the one that did not have to have the shot and could just leave with the pass slip enter those names at the end… I was there for almost 2 hours (30 min of waiting for her o enter my name so I could just pay the $7 and leave) which made me late for the drug test so that I can teach swim lessons, which did not end up being an issue – I was willing and ready to wait for that one but I was in and out of there in about 20 min with little waiting time. So on Thursday when I had to go back and have the TB test read- I was like please I hope this lady will not have to type again or I will be there for ever- lucky for me it was just a piece of paper and I was in and out of there in no time. So that part of the sub paper work was complete next on the list for wed or some other point is finger printing…along with all of the criminal background checks and all sorts of other things… I am glad that I have lived in so few places over the last 7 years because listing those could get tricky…I have to double check and make sure I have all that I need for tomorrow and know how to get there – its been so long since I have had to make a formal public appearance at 8:30 in the morning – oh it could be so much worse- 8:30 is a good time.

Yesterday I could have been inside cleaning in the morning but it was one of those great spring like days in the middle of January and I decided that I was going to wash my car, clean out the inside (ok well I vacuumed and threw out the trash) – it always feels good to have a clean car even when it rains that night.

For the rest of today should be filled with sending the weekly resumes out, checking to make sure I have everything for tomorrow (even my puzzle book if there is downtime and water to drink) cleaning up the bedroom so I can sleep in there tonight for the first time in 3 weeks and going to glass. Tonight I am going to try and make the stainglass women candle holders. I found 4 rings to use – however they are in gold and not silver I might just have to tape them and work around them…and keep my eyes open for more options and try more stores…this run is just for a proto type and to see if they are hard to make or not…and see if maybe Hoopla would want those since they contacted me last week to say that they are no longer going to carry my jewelry this year, but would be interested in looking at other things in the future, I think the candles would sell well there. My glass would have sold more too if they did not need to mark it up 50%. So to another week of many changes and what looks to be the first in the job offers, if only I can land a full time job for the fall by the end of spring…

2 Comments:

Blogger Auntie M said...

Gross! The TB place sounds way worse than the DMV! I'm glad you've got a ceiling again! Hooray!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All will be good to go soon. You know that you're more than welcome here anytime. We love having you around and your company is always enjoyable. Just think once all the plaster is done, the floors are replaced..the place will be great once again. Hang in there. Things will get better.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home