Friday, January 20, 2006

A Quite Tuesday - I needed one

I could hear the quite room down the hall as I walked in late last night and I thought there might really be a chance that I can fuse tonight and not have to fight for a kiln. It was a small group and only 2 of us wanted to fuse last night, those are the great nights. I was not sure what I was going to work on, other than I needed to be there with my friends after the hell of a week that I had last week with the ceiling. I had the digital camera with me to show all of the pictures of the disaster in the house and the story that went along with the madness. What really happened I guess I will never know since I was not at the house when it all started but I do know that there is still a LOT of work to be done at the house. I have to decide if I want to repaint my room a new color or keep the one I have...what color of neutral carpet to replace the dead carpet with…I am voting for pergo or wood floors in the hall with the washer and dryer out there. But at this point I really just want the ceiling to be fixed so that I can sleep in my own bed. I have been displaced by this all and I guess in away it has me homesick, when I am at the house I just walk in circles not sure what I can do next or what to do next. I know that the ceiling at this point is not going to fall on my bed but I just don’t feel the comfort in the room that I need to sleep – plus if I got up in the middle of the night I would have to find shoes to get to the bathroom. So I stay with friends for a few more nights and wait for that night to come along that I can sleep back in my own bed.

Today I got up and started in on the list of things to do…called the Alexandria City Schools to sign up to be a substitute teacher, I have to take an all day class with them on Feb 1…and if I sub one day I get paid for the class. Oh I do have to find a place to get a TB test done before the class and I am waiting for Converse to send me my transcripts of my hours, this is something that I should have had with me all along. And then on top of that I get to be finger printed… Now I just need to get a few people to do the recommendations for me too and then that will be crossed off the list. I heard from Chinquapin about swim lessons, as of now I am going to be the sub there until I finish my WSI and will be the go to girl for private lessons – which in fact pays much better and I prefer them…Now all I have to do for chinquapin is go and have a drug test. So many new things that I get to do over the next few weeks – glad that I have the extra time for the TB test, finger printing and drug test…all of that just to be a sub…maybe some of these things can be crossed over from school to school if needed.

There is another private school looking for a middle school art teacher for the fall, from the site they seem to be a progressive school and that is something that I am looking for. I still have to work on the list and get my name and resumes out there…and there is a Fairfax county teachers job fair coming up too that I need to sign up for. I just have to keep telling myself that things will come together and it will all work out and in the end I will have a job for the Fall locked in before the summer.

Got to find a new glass pattern for another stainglass window incase we get another influx of fusers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home