Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Roommates from Hell and christmas Treats

I fused last night for the first time in a while after finishing up so many
of the stained glass windows that I have been working on and I can soon post on
the site... But I think that I could have fused the glass together with the
anger that I had when I got there...ROOMMATES -need I really say more - but
the one who has been living with me for over 2 years and is a SLOB took it upon
herself to move the boxes from the lay off (that were stacked at the bottom of
the stairs) into the doorway of my bedroom and move her glasses into the
cabinet that I have had my things in since i moved into the house 6 years ago.
Now if I had come home and not turned on the light in the hall way I would have
flipped over the boxes and hurt myself....I was pissed off and what did I do
but move the boxes back to where they had been and posted a note on them "DO
NOT MOVE" And then to top it off we get a note from the condo board saying
that starting Feb 1 we can only have 2 parking stickers for the house - now I
have lived here as I said earlier going on 7 years and we have never had
stickers for parking - which is not a bad idea for those who have a lease or
live here - but the limit of 2 and no option of a visitors pass after 6 at night is
complete and total BS. that you cant have anyone without a sticker even parking
in your own reserved spot. I have to look into this and see what I can do
about it since I know there are a few people in this lot alone who live alone.
I think I need to go to the board meeting and state do yall not have friends
- 6 is BS I would understand 10 pm or even 9- cause at that point you can
still have a dinner party but 6 that is a joke. Who do you know in this town is
home at 6 anyways. Do you not have friends- what if you have a friend who has a
broken leg and they want to come see you - do you expect them to dodge
traffic on Glebe Road or hobble down 2 blocks- cause they cant park in your
reserved spot - does that not just cancel out the whole idea of the spot- now I
understand that they are trying to get rid of the over night guests who are
always here - but these rules are starting to be worse than college parking lot
rules. it would be one thing that guests need to park in the over flow lot down
the street but they are saying you need a sticker there too. I really don t
think they have thought this out. It used to be one of the nice perks of living
here was the option of parking and the freedom of friends coming over and not
having to worry about their cars being towed or broken into down the street.
So all of this happens as I walk in the house on Tuesday - and you can say
that I am pissed and all I want to do is go work with glass but I have to calm
down some before I can even head over there- so j tries to talk me down but I am
MAD at the roommate and over the parking - and lets just top this off with
the need to wash clothes and still pack and send out resumes before I leave for
TN on Thu to be with the family for 5 days.

So I get up to the studio and I just parked the car and Rita is calling -
Where are you? I am in the lot - come on up- so I am heading up - Madeline is
like nice to see you - we were hoping you would show up tonight - and waiting
for me was a little package and a card for helping her through out the fall. A
bottle of magic gloves - this lotion that is great and a little help inside the
envelope from the craft group. I have a lot of great friends up there who
really care for me and look forward to me coming up there -- even when I have my battles
with the roommates before I come to class. And they are all willing to listen to all
of the crazy stores and the little things that stress me out. Plus they have all been
so supportive in wanting to help me get that next job. Last night was the last Tuesday
of the year for glass. And it was also the return of one of the fusers who has been away
for a few months ... maybe I will stick to the stained glass for a little while longer -
Alesha has asked for me to work with her mom and make her one for her new studio - it will keep
me busy - but then again after Christmas I should have some new glass to play
with too. who knows what the coming year will bring and what changes will
come with it - OK so I new job for sure

Went by the church and picked up the glass I fused last night - and one has already been
grabbed by my best customer- love when I make glass like that - Merry Christmas to yall
and my your stockings be filled with dichroic and the glass of your dreams -

4 Comments:

Blogger Blue Dog Art said...

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year too! I hope you find your dream job SOON!!!

8:56 AM  
Blogger tiny robot said...

Parking stickers? Whah? Not cool.

And you already know how I feel about roommates --- I will never ever live with anyone ever again besides Baby Guanaco. She's the only co-inhabitant I haven't wanted to go all homicidal on. :-)

Oh, and Merry Christmas, dah-ling! Happy New Year!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Auntie M said...

I hope you had a Merry Christmas despite all the horrible-ness. I also hope that you didn't think the letter from Arrow Springs was junk mail.... :)

9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Holidays Had. So sorry about the roommates but you always have a place to get away to if you need one. We are here for you. Just hang in there.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home