Thursday, October 27, 2005

I dont have a job but I have my glass.




Its been a full week since I was formerly "let Go" and I have had many mixed
emotions about it all - there have been some good days and then there are have
been some bad/hard days. The hopes of the job lined up from last week did
not come through - but I am working up in the studio tonight, helping Madeline
with a new stainglass class in trade for the stainglass window of the fairy
that was completed last night. OK so having all day Tuesday to spend in the
studio -- might be one of the highlights of having the week off. I was really
hoping that I would have something lined up by this Friday for next week -- OK
so I have 2 days to day that -- not so sure if that is going to happen but maybe
an interview with media barn will happen.

Yesterday up in the studio I took some glass blobs that we found over the
weekend at the Maryland Renn Fair - that have eched patterns on them-and made
them into necklaces. So there might be another thing to make with the blobs,
that is if we can find some tiny stencils. While we were there I got to see the
glass blower and I wanted so bad to be in there blowing myself again...I want
another trip out to Old Way to blow...I did get a sun disk to hang in the
window -- now which window that remains in the air for today. They had other
glass artist - the stainglass looked like kits and the fusers need to fuse their
glass a little longer - they still have the sharp edges...but I have to say the
FOOD was unreal, the people watching excellent, and the cheap gas at wahwah
($2.45) was something we had not seen in months...to bad we had just filled up
at 2.64 and thought that was a good deal....at least we got some good coffee.

So on Tuesday I decide that I wanted to spend the afternoon in the studio
finishing the fairy...which it took me all afternoon to finish it up...I am
happy with the way it turned out. After a lot of tweaking and grinding of the
final piece it came together. I will post a picture when I can - for now this
little mac does not even have the port for me to even plug the camera in to down
load the new ones. Another Christmas gift off the list.

So when I went up there Tuesday afternoon I meet the lady that I have heard
was a pain in the ass (well I found out that she is another one of the crazy
cat ladies). She Talked NONE stop, and repeating things over and over, and
hogged the kilns so I was glad I was not up there to fuse. She then got all
snippywith another one of the Fusers, Patti, who has been fusing for a much longer
time - the talked offered the kiln to Patti and when she was not ready at then
she waited about 5 min and jumped in front of her and took over the kiln that
Patti had been planning on using - so there were a few word said - OK so
patti could have taken her for sure. But its like a list of rules need to be
posted about manners and not hogging 3 of the 4 kilns at once.

So when I was finished with the window - I came home for dinner and went back
up there for night class and to see all of my friends and I fused for the
first time in a month...trying some glass I had never seen there...it was orange
and the funny thing is one of the pieces is very orange and the other one
looks pink...I also tested the expensive glass for color and the silver pen for
burn off - which it did not do- but the silver did not stay very silver - so I
might have to play with that some time soon.

Not sure what I will do up there next week - but I have say that sometime you go
where everybody knows your name and there always glad you came- so for me it is not
a bar but the glass studio and I will take it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A loved the stained glass window Had. She told me it was the best gift she's ever received and she loves you for it and for all that you have been to her.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home