Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Over due is done


It only took me 3 weeks to complete the very over due wedding gift, but I am still within the 1 year grace period (and even the 11 months that rita keeps saying that I have to get it there by). So it might take me another week or 2 to get it to the couple but it is complete. I am still just happy that I was able to finish it within the 3 weeks. The pattern had a few adjustments along the way. First I had to remove the skull and the rose on the original piece and then I had to change a few of the cuts, over all I am happy with the result. I think the most comments come from the glass that I chose for the end of the books to look like pages. It is the one glass that I had in mind from the start.
I had one friend commented on the window "I never knew that books to look so BEAUTIFUL."

Next, I think that I need to make a new 3-D star for a house warming gift and then I might even start on Christmas gifts, now that I don't have a fall show to stress over and churn out fused glass. Getting ahead of the rush might be good thing - wait I am not that organized... maybe I will just search for the patterns and then sit on them till the holidays- now that sounds more like something I would do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris and Rich said...

very nice glass, and glass work.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Auntie M said...

YAY! I think I will hang it in the front window. It's Lovely! Thank You!

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home