Thursday, May 05, 2005

Here comes the Show

So the crowds of Tuesday nights returned this week, after 2 weeks of less than 10 people. We were back to the packed class and fighting for kilns and the squirrel had well, squirreled away some more glass. In the rush of getting ready for the show and after counting the innovatory this weekend I found out that I had to make some pinks and reds for the show. I feel like I have been having some good runs with some new styles over the past few weeks, this weekend will be a test for them. I am still really looking forward to the down time that will start next week to try some of the things that I have wanted to for a while. Madeline offered to open the studio for me and Laurie on Wednesday so that we could get some extra kiln time in. I Have to say it was SO NICE and quite and I got a lot of last minute fusing finished. Now I just have to stop by the office on Friday morning to get the keys and get my stuff out of the kiln.

My big spring show starts tomorrow in Darlington, MD. I have over 175 pendants, 22 earrings, and a mix of hairclips and cuff links...lets just hope the glue holds this time... I have some friends who are coming to help me keep my voice so I dont have to talk to everyone. I am a lot more relaxed about this show than I was about Crafty Bastards. It might just be that I know what should happen and know how to put up and take down the tent. Friday will be the hard day, since I am going up by myself to set up...Nikki, Jackie and Ashley are coming up first thing on Saturday to bring coffee and to help. Nikki will be staying over night and helping on Sunday and then will ride back home with me and keep me awake. I know that I am going to be worn out after it all. But I am also looking forward to the weekend and the bonding with other artists.

So I have lists of things to pack running in my head, tables, tents, buckets, bags, sign, chairs, GLASS, business cards...PB & Js, Drinks, water, snacks...pillows, sheets, sleeping bag, towels and why bungie cords I am not sure but for some reason something is telling me to take them and of course you cant do an art show without Duct Tape. So tonight I will be packing the car and wrapping up all of the last minute things for the show.

The weekend is off to a good start in the sales department since I sold 2 pendants and necklaces this morning in the office. lets just hope that is the start of many sales to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger tiny robot said...

we are rooting for YOU.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home