Monday, April 11, 2005

ALL that buzz about the show

Did you have a good laugh? Did you see the bikes in the kitchen and the martini glasses at the foot of the steps? Guess you did not see it on the big screen yet. I watched it at noon with friends at the office on the big screen in the Geneva conference room and noticed all of the small things. If you count the pictures on the side table all of my sisters and a few friends made it on the show too. I really dont think that I heard anything that I said in the first viewing. But what everyone has said to me is more along the lines of your "eyebrows" and "expressions" were great. OK I have to admit that I was just Happy to have a job that Friday when I was filmed. (we had BIG lay offs that Tuesday, I had mice in the house, an art opening that weekend plus some friends decided that was the week of my life that they needed to shake up a few things- Stress does funny things to people) And no I was not nervous cause there were only 4 people in the house I was not thinking of the 50,000 that would be watching it later...

On Tuesday I watched the show at noon, 5:00 and later that night with everyone up at glass. This past Tuesday was crazy up there, biggest crowd that I have seen since holidays of 2003. And I will watch it whenever the next person asks to see it. The biggest shock of the show would be the fan emails that I got with in 2 hours of the show airing. Most of them were asking the same questions -- what is the glass cutter that you used on the show? ( Score One) And what kind of kiln was that? (Hot box with a window) And I cant get to your website- (there was a double http call for the link) So I had to contact HGTV have them correct the link and update my email to the one that I wanted to get glass questions and then turn around and put up a new page to answer all of the product questions.

My dad made the Chattanooga garbage men watch with him at the BI-Lo, after he asked to change the channel. My Mom said she had not seen me with that much makeup on since the last wedding. Scottie said it was "The Coolest thing ever" and I know that the next time I see him I will get harassment for the way I said "bubbles." LB called laughing and then asked if I wanted to come down to Tampa and teach arts and crafts to the neighbors. Everyone that I watched with at noon said that I had the better music than the others on the show that day. (thanks Celia) Em asked, Did they just love your eyes? Katherine wanted my autograph and a few other did too but I told Katherine that she had something worth more than that since she has access to my teeth x-rays. A teacher from home saw me on and then called my third grade teacher to say that she has to turn the channel now. The winner might be the Delaneys (friends from way back) saw me while flipping channels and contacted me.
So with in 2 days I have had over 325 hits on my page, only 120 have made it to the page about the kilns and cutters. I have also been asked to come to DE to teach - not sure what is going to happen with that but it could be a wonderful offer and a great resume builder if I do want to teach down the road, plus its on the way to the beach.
Guess now it is time to add the link to the blog on to that page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home