Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Holidays at home

Trips home always seem to crawl by and fly by at the same time, by the end of 5 days I am ready for my own space again - and some alone time - something that I did not get much of at home. Christmas morning I went to my room and took a nap just to get away from it all and I am not sure if they even noticed that I was missing for the 20 min that I was sleeping. Or if they did, for once they did not say any thing...Ok so when you have close to 25 people in a house it is easy to slip away for awhile. Parker is getting so big but is in a "no" stage as he waddles around...Carson I think was just overwhelmed by all of the gifts...My cowboy rainboots were a hit...

Christmas was a normal craziness that we have every year...not sure if it is harder or easier as we get older. Mom did pull a disappearing stunt on Kaki and me at Proffits on Wednesday night and it took us close to an hour to find her in the mall - and yes we even had her paged at one point...thank goodness she now has a cell phone thanks to Dad, the question is now will she use it and remember to take it with her.

Glass was a hit as always with the Jones side of the family...Its fun showing off new glass to other artists and not having to explain what the white kiln wash is on the back of the glass. Sometimes I feel guilty taking money from them but then if I want to make more that is how it has to be done. Glass sales over the holiday were small but I think in the end they covered the taxi to the airport and the small things along the way. It is amazing how little I think I spent once I made it home. Glass went to Leo for his nieces, aunt Frances for herself, Alice got a piece in the parking lot of Riverview (so she wanted the one I was wearing but I was not ready or willing to give that one up yet) and then Amy Miller came and got me at the airport and bought a pair of the cuff links. So in the end I think that covers the cost of all of the glass I bought earlier in the month. Breaking even is always a good thing.

Airports are always entertaining...this year heading home I ran into a GPS classmate on the way home in National...The best time to sit and write holiday cards might be on the flight to and from home, wrote so many I ran out of cards. ...Got to the Chattanooga one for the trip home a little to close to the line (a good thing the flight was about 30 min late taking off)...I could have gotten an extra flight both directions but I was not willing to spend another night at home (plus I had to be at work today) So when I land back in DC I go to get my baggage and I see a hang up bag that looks like mine and pick it up and think this is not as heavy and I don't think the strap was still on when I checked it in...And I look at the name and turns out I picked up Dori Thorntons bag, she was no where to be seen and I did not have a # to call her or I would have. And for once I have some picking me up and there is no line for the taxis. The misshap of the week would have been as I walk in the house and my roommate had decided that since no one would be home for 3 days to turn OFF the heat and it was 45 inside the house - just glad the pipes did not bust...some times I wonder why is the extra cash and the room worth dealing with others who dont think things all the way through...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home