Friday, April 15, 2005

Open the doors and I will be there

I love when the studio is open on Thursday nights for new classes and I get an extra night to fuse. Plus its a much smaller crowd. I think its more that I am in a panic with this show right around the corner that I need to be up there churning things out. Plus the studio has been packed which has not helped and I have been fighting to get kiln time. And as always I wait till the end to make the dreaded earrings. Not that it helps that I have been having gluing issues for the last few months and decide not to even send any to the show next weekend. Madeline and I were in the studio till after 11:30 last night. I got 2 full loads in. I had to refire a few from the last load due to some slipping and the findings not being fully covered. But with a 500 degree burn on one hand and then trying to set up the kiln I was happy that any came out. The burn is looking good the small blister seems to have gone away. I have learned my lesson it is all about a LOT of ice and Aloe.
As for the green ribbon project - I am happy with the way it turned out and tried 2 other style last night - had another slip (even with glue) that covered the top curve of one - There are still a few other options in making the curve that I need to try in the coming weeks. I have not heard from the friend who requested the ribbon to see if she liked it or not. I really just hope that some of the leaches and copy cats dont take over my idea - I know that some there dont have there own design skills and try to copy everyone else-but it gets frustrating when you cant keep an original idea these days. But I have to remember that mine never end up looking like theirs. So far the list looks like this green: Liver, Pink: Breast Cancer, Gray: Brain Tumor, Red: AIDS, Yellow: soldiers. I found a site that lists all of the colors and causes that go together. There and endless possibilities if I start making ribbon glass. I have a feeling they will be like my little people (have a new one that is head less unless it is on a dark color) and other awareness symbols. However with the ribbons they will be more alike - I can change the background color for contrast and they would be an easy item for orders to be placed. I think the pink ones would be a huge hit.
3 more weekends till the big 3 day weekend....feeling good but I still have a lost of things to do before then. Like set up the tent at home once before the trip and I need to get candy to hand out and a few other things but over all I feel good about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home