Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Burns

Last night at glass I was waiting for a kiln to reach 500 so that I could put my glass in...ok so it was already 10 till 11:00 but Madeline was addressing rehearsal dinner invitations for her sons wedding, so she was like go ahead and fuse. So when the kiln reached 500 I took the shelf out with a gloved hand but it started to tip and I caught it with my uncovered left hand-- and now I have a nice at least 1st degree burn on my middle finger of my left hand - yes I feel like i am flipping off the world today since it hurts. However it looks better this morning than I thought it would. I had it ice for over 2 hours and then covered it will aloe before bed. The blister is small and the skin is thick so thats a good sign. It might have hurt less if it had been my own tile and not someone else's.

When I walked in last night we were also having a baby shower for Carrie and a HUGE glass order from Bulleyes had arrived. Bulleye raised their prices by 10% on April 1, so Madeline had placed close to a $2000 order. Can we say BEAUTIFUL glass - and the red chopstix and new herringbone was almost orgasmic. It was like Christmas in April.
I had a request yesterday to make a kelly green ribbon piece for a friends Mom who is a liver transplant survivor, who had seen me on HGTV. Kelly green is not a color that you can find in dichroic, but I tried with green stringers and glue to keep them in place from rolling. It will come out of the kiln on Thursday night and I will see how it came out. That could start a whole range of ribbon glass art: pink for breast cancer, Red for AIDS, Green for liver and who knows what other colors will come up from that.

Still having glue issues with my earring backings. So I decide not to send any to my High School Alum Art show that had to be mailed out this morning. Hopefully I can work these issues out before the big SMAF show Mother's Day weekend. It was a good day with new glass to fuse even if the night ended up with a burn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home