Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Glass, baby, heat and roommate search.

For the first time in a while the craft room was only half filled this week, what a nice change. The count last night was 12 compared to the 20-24 we have had over the last 2 months. I even got 2 loads into the kilns on Tuesday night and NO burns this week. Plus I had NEW glass to play with - that ended up breaking in ways that I was not happy with at first but when they break like that I always make the best designs. It helps to push me to think outside of the square on square quilts that I some times make. It was a nice warm day out and maybe people did not want to be inside. It was HOT in the room with the 4 kilns going-even with the windows open and the fan on. I think that I am happy with the stock that I have for now - All I really have to work on for the show should be gluing the earrings and cuff links -- which means I have to find glue that will stick and do a beadazzled run for the small earring backings and cufflinks. And a few small things like set up the tent once before I go. I did another set of trial glass ribbons last night with the help of the torch to get a nice gentle curve. The pink glass was to thin to try it with the torch so last nights test color was red. I will see how they turn out next week. Madeline is going to order some 2 mm pink and purple so that she can make them for a walk that she is doing with family members for breast cancer. She did ask if I cared if she made them too. The thing is with the torch they are all different and still one of a kind - they might look really neat tack fused, giving more of a 3-d effect. Really looking forward to the slower months to play around more.

In other Glass News - Carrie had her baby girl on Sunday, Feona Mae, was a month early coming into the world. Its a good thing we threw the shower last week. Kathleen, Alesha and I are heading back to Sperryville this weekend to pick up the glass we blew and going wine tasting along the way. Ashley is requesting a bowl - so she might be sponsoring the next trip to Sperryville. And the roommate search is on again. This is search # 7. I think that I have it down to a skill of what to ask and what to look out for. I have a few good leads and then I have had a lot of names come across that I can't pronounce. Its always an adventure and something that I always look forward to ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home