Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Glass in the winter time

(posting this a little late )

After having a few weeks in the studio with just the regulars we were invaded with new people last night and they were not friendly. One even picked up the kiln and moved it or tried to when Madeline was like no they all stay over at table. I tried to keep my distance cause I was not feeling up to meeting new people and trying and be social last night. I was thinking about fusing but when I saw the new people I knew that my chances of that were out...So I went to work on my other glass...I have finished 5 of the dancing women candle sticks but I am still having issues with covering the stars with the flux and getting it to stick, taping the stars works OK but there is still a small gap...So there is still some trial and error with that. They are for sure handmade and I will send at least 2 of them to the GPS Alum art sale. I found out that my pendant that I sent for VISIONS auction made $50. Thursday when I was teaching the stained glass class and Madeline was in NY taking all of these cool glass classes...Tom came up to look for a necklace and to take proof that I was there teaching-he took a BAD picture of me, but it is funny. The class went well, everyone who was there cut all of their pieces with in the first night. It has been a great class -- even though there is one who is very high strung and she needs to laugh more - I need to take the tape of the show up there Thursday so that they can watch it if they want and then again on Sat for the fused glass show -- when things are cooling off I will show then my show and they can laugh with me. Class might be a good connection to finding a teaching job, Mary brought me the card of a local principle of the art magnet school - I need to call her and see what I can do to get in there full time as a teacher...The house update -- the roommate who might have caused the flood is out of the house as of next Wednesday...The carpet guy was just here and maybe I will have carpet by next week. We still have yet locked in a roommate but there is one we are waiting to hear back from...As always I have had some odd ducks show up and look at the house -- many others who said they want to come and look at the house and never show or the hours to show the house don't work out and they never work out. For once I am not worried about finding someone good this time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home