Thursday, February 02, 2006

Small world with glass

So I went and played with the new stainglass books that I picked up a few weeks ago from a great after x-mas mark down of 50% off - I found this one project that I had to try - but to try it I had to search the area to find 2 things that I needed to make the stain glass women candle holders. So I started at AC Moore and found the 2 things I needed but thought I have to be able to find these else where - well elsewhere has yet to be found. the votive candle holders are only 44 cents at AC Moore a great deal maybe they will let me by a case of them with their 40% off coupon. And the rings will they are the only place so far who has them - I have a few more places to check out to see if I can find silver plated rings. The first run of these turned out to be easier than I thought they might be, other than touching the hot metal that wrapped them a little bit before I should have - gloves are the trick and the metal curler to make it fit. I will see how long they take to make after this first pair and see if hoopla might want them... I need to go by there and pick some things up... I will post a picture of the candle holders when I finish the pair. So I might have a new little project to work on...That is till the PMC silver clay class happens and then I might really get into trouble.

Wednesday the painter was supposed to show and did not again, that is after I spent the morning taping down shower curtains and such all over my room before I headed out for substitute training... The training was fine, filled with paper work and small world connections. I had the one guy sitting on the row with me end up as the 2nd of 5 kids also... then we had to have ourselves introduced by the person next to us and say something - so I used the good old HGTV gig - so after lunch I had this guy come up to me and hand me a card and say , my wife does glass too you should contact her - I look at the name on the card and I know Patti - I know your wife - I work up at the studio with Madeline - so its just a small world. I get to go up there today to be finger printed and to check and see if the painter did show. Cause they said that I could be in the system and start working next week - now that could be a busy week since I also start teaching swim lessons then - and the list of the days for the lessons keeps getting longer. It went from none, to Mon & Wed and now add Th and Sat to the mix - I am going to be water logged by the end of the WSI class. Back into the work force I jump...dive and just hope that I will float to the top again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Turtles always float and land the way they want to. You will be fine and remember better times are coming your way. Everything will get resolved and taken care of.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home