Tuesday, March 21, 2006

More Donations

The TN aquarium pendant sold at the GPS visions auction for a good $50...Now Converse is asking for things for an auction so I think I might see what I can find in my goodie box and send them a piece too. I have to send some of the glass for the GPS alum weekend soon. I think that I will be sending some of the dancing women too - but I am still having an issue with the base of the star not covering the way I want it to. I am helping Madeline with another 4 weeks of stained glass classes, racking up on the credit in there. This class might even be faster than the last group we are making up for not having any guys in the class last time to having 3 now. Its like couples night, kind of funny how they are taking stained glass together for quality time. I should finish off a new window for above the front door tonight and then I just found a sea turtle to make next. I think that I am going to see how many of the stained glass windows I can make before we have to close down the studio for the move and the remodeling. I am still not sure what it will be like not having glass up there on Tuesday nights. I might just pick up the stroke clinic class...No Swimming is close but does not give me the same satisfaction as glass does.

So the old roommate is out, the new roommate is in and the carpet is on order, so that means that I more of less have to move out of my room so that they can come and put it in... I have been in that room for close to 7 years - who knows what I am going to come across in the coming weeks. The carpet guys will move the big things, but I have to move the breakables and the small stuff...Ok and I want to move my bed. It might be a good change and I might find a few things to give away - and that will be a good thing. I need to see this as a good thing - a lot of hard work but a good thing... I am getting the wood floors in the hallway that I wanted and I got to pick the berber carpet that is replacing the plush...If I move all of the little things out and even the bed maybe I will paint the room before the new stuff comes in and go for a complete change of the room...

The Job search - well that is what it is, a big search - somedays are good and others are hard, I just want to find that one person who will give me a chance to come and teach for them. I have to keep thinking that things will happen and I will make it. Swim lessons are good, I am really enjoying the adult lessons, and the private ones are fun too...The Saturday groups are over till after Easter and I am about to have a break from the week day lessons to - which means I can now go and have dinner with friends when I am not working 4 nights a week... A little hard on the social life at night. So if any of you see or know of any schools in the area who are looking for an art teacher let me know so I can send out yet another resume. I just want to get every thing set at somepoint sooner rather than later so that I can figure out what will happen over the summer and the trips to the beach. (and then I can by my own upgraded computer and stay at home and not have to come to the library to check out anything that my little mac cant do/ maybe I should start playing the loto?) I just have to keep telling myself that I was laid off for a reason and things are going to happen, plus I am so much happier not going to the dark office that sucks your soul away every day. Its all going to work out and I am going to be an ART teacher by the fall.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just know that you will find the teaching job that you are looking for and swimming as much as you can will happen too. Don't give up and know that your time is coming.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home