Saturday, January 19, 2008

I finished the Bunny Window - well almost



The endless fall project for my niece Emma is almost complete. For some reason this window has taken me months to finish and not weeks like it should have. It might have been that some of the cuts were hard, or that by tuesday night I am worn out after racing after the little ones, teaching swim lessons and then getting up to the studio. It was almost complete last week however as I was showing it off - Rita noticed that there was a crack in one of the side pieces. So this past week it was break it out, recut, wrap and put it all together again. Had a little help getting the rings one and I did not have to pull my hair out trying to do it.


On Wednesday I got out the great box I had for it and turns out the rings make the box to small - so off to the post office I went looking for one a little larger - the ones there were the same size as the one I had... so they lady at the post office was like go down to the UPS store and have them pack it and then come back and we will mail it for you- well that would have been nice except those crazy people in there wanted to charge me $31 to pack it up. I wanted to say do I have stupid written across my head or I am made of money... so now I am on a search for a box that will work, if not I might just wait till May and take it with me when I go to the beach with the family.

Emma's new room is under construction anyways so its not like there is any rush - even more so since it was going to be a gift for her nursery but when the studio was closed when she was born there was a hold on the project from the start.

So whats the next project? Not sure - I did notice that I cant find any of my cuff links so I might just have to make a few pairs - so that means some fusing... but I have a few free form ideas floating in my head so it might be a freestyle project with squares of clear glass with patterns. But we will see - I have had some requests for a turtle window too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think that the Bunny Window was worth the work and the wait. It looks amazing Turtle and I know Emma will love it. Glad to see that its finally completed. :-)
If you need a box still...let me know. We have one that would probably work and plenty of bubble wrap too.

Great job on the window!

8:41 AM  
Blogger pivot said...

hi had!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home