Sunday, November 18, 2007

10 year is enough

So after 10 years of being a GAP girl I am turning in my name tag and taking the 10 year watch and walking out of the store right before another holiday season. I HATE the new store manager- she is very negative and 2 faced - and i just dont enjoy going in anymore. In fact i have started to hate saturday nights knowing that I should be calling in to see if I am working on sunday or not. Beth the bitch told me that for me to stay that I would have to work on weekend night - now I might just be down right crazy or she is because the last time I checked Sunday counts as a weekend - but not according to her - that for me to stay there that I have to work on a friday or saturday night and increase my hours if i wanted to stay. now that I am working 5 part time jobs I just dont have 20 hours in my week to give to a place that pays the least and only gives me watches every 5 years and to many clothes in my closet. I have had mixed feelings about it for a while and I wanted to wait for the 10 year watch - I do have to say that I like the new watch - even though it needs a link taken out. SO I am saying good bye to the discount - which might be hard in a way but then again there is not much in the store that I would buy if I did not have the discount - so for all of you who have taken advantage of the friends and family day cards in the past - you will just have to pay full price from now on or make new friends working in there.

Its not like they do markdowns like they did in the past but I know how it works that in time everything gets marked down if you wait - and are willing to look for it. And I did buy a big gift card that I can use to buy things in the coming months. Most of the time I think I buy things in there because of the discount and not any other reason.

So some of you might be asking what is going on with 5 jobs, well now that I gave up gap its 4, and since swim lessons are on hold till the end of Jan that takes it to 3, which will soon be 2 after the next fused glass class. but those 2 will rebound - and I am going to go talk to a year round swim program tomorrow about coaching for them 2 days a week. hopefully I will be back on the pool deck sooner rather than later. Even more so since Dina called me today to see if I could go in and coach for her today - but I had to go to the Gap so I could not do - but from now on I will have my sundays for the first time in 10 years to do what I want and not have to think about it a week in advanced...my i will go to the galleries and see new shows, or hang out in the markets or i might just sit on the sofa and watch tv, play on the computer and talk on the phone.

so I will have to watch the money during the holidays - I did get a flight home - it was cheaper to stay for a week so I am going home for 7 days. I might really be crazy in the end - but even more so when all 4 if the sisters come to DC for some holiday shopping and some wine tasting in early December. Yes all 4 of them are coming to stay with me for the weekend. We will be on the go for most of it and I am going to try my best NOT to have to go to tysons while they are here but I dont think i will get that lucky. so here is to the 5 of us in DC- watch out here come the rowlands...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home