Monday, August 27, 2007

I love Wolf Trap, I hate ChickenMan

I will say it again, I love going to Wolf Trap for concerts. One of the main reasons would be that when they say that a ticket is $22 that is what you pay, if you go to the box office and pick them up - its not $22 plus this fee and that fee to make the ticket $35. Ok so sometimes it is just down right HOT but the fact that you can bring in your own food, wine, and beer saves you a ton. The people watching is always a trip and running into friends, a plus. The lawn sometimes gets a little over crowded, like last night when you couldnt find even the little patches of ground between blankets to walk through but it is always great - and even better when the sky is clear. I love it that I have found the back way into the bathroom for shorter waits, and even more so that last night it took us yes, 2 minutes from the time we got into the car to route 7. knowing where and how to park and pulling right out is the key to all of the pleasures of Wolf Trap.

I think out of the last 8 summers that I have been in DC i have seen the Indigo Girls play all but one summer, and there is only one request I want to see them play ONE TIME when they skip playing chickenman - I hate that song- it is one of the only songs of theirs that I completely HATE it goes on and on and there is just no point of the song. Last summer I was about to have my show without the song and then someone requested it. They have so many other songs that they could play. I do have to give them a hand this time for having an opening band that was good and reflected their own music and was not just noise. But I have to say that maybe we are all getting older because that was an odd mix of people at the show. Ok so a couple got engaged at the concert and there was a bit of people watching of odd looking couples, as you ask yourself HOW did that happen. This show used to be 90% female at every show but last night, it was such an odd mix, more like 60/40. We had one of the odd looking couples come and sit in the small space between our blanket and the ones next to us - and they wanted to know why this was such a crowded concert - I wanted to say well it is sold out. They left half way into the headliners- I was glad to have her and her husbands ugly feet off the corner of my blanket. I love a good summer concert even more so when it cools off just a bit when the sun goes down.

so till next year at wolf trap i will pack up the shower curtain (to keep your blanket from getting wet) and wash the tacky bright quilt that was passed on to me (you cant miss it) and wait for more great outdoor concerts and cross my fingers that next time I will not have to hear ChickenMan again live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home