Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Glass Shows should have better Directions

The table fee should have been the big red flag on if we should do this show or not, $45 was low but it was at a school, a school where I thought I would want to teach and had heard a lot about. Well let me just say there are 3 schools with in 5 miles of each other that have the same name. Little did I know that the school that was having the show was the public school and not the private that I thought it was. So on the Saturday morning of the show, I drove directly to the school thinking I am so on top of things here. I knew something was going to happen (the lack of sleep from the night before- after going to the el Vez Christmas Show was going to kick in soon) There were no cars parked in the lot- RED FLAG- so I call Madeline asking it was at this school right. As she runs around trying to find me the answer (cause the piece of paper I have does not list an address- just an email and no one is answering the phone) my little helper with me is getting a little irritated with me. Some one drives in and I follow them to ask about the show, they send me to the next campus – still no one is there and I cant find the gym – someone comes to the front door to say are you looking for someone and I told him I am looking for the art show – when he informs me that I am not the first person there today looking for the show – which is at the public school further down 123. So I call Madeline again and ask her to see what she can find out and she gets online to have it crash, then she go old school and gets out a good old paper map and talks me the rest of the drive to the school – oh but that was not the end of it, I pulled in to a school 2 blocks early following the signs for something else, it was the 4th location before we found the right school with the art show going on. I made a little money, traded some glass for some dips, rubs, and mixes. met another glass artist (who also got lost and went to the private school that morning too and was about to give up), who was then told by a complete stranger- who was also selling things- that her posture was putting people off and that she should stand up straight (little did this nosey lady know that other glass artist had had 3 back surgerys in the last year). So I at least got a good laught out of that. Would I do the show again - not sure - I made money but not that much - at least I am getting good at the set up. I think for now I will stick to the basic and keep working on the stained glass windows... another one which will soon be finished if i just put the rings on and take it to the newlyweds. (i will post the picture one day)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home